Last updated 6 February 2020
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (Translink division) has advised Young’s Bus Service of a temporary bus stop relocation.
From Thursday 6 February to July 2020, the opposing bus stops located on Matthew Flinders Drv near the corner of Wattle Ln will be closed. The alternative stop is located 96 metres away on opposing sides of Scenic Hwy. See image below for more detailed information.
Livingstone Shire Council has scheduled road works on Matthew Flinders Drive, Cooee Bay, as part of its ongoing commitment to upgrade road infrastructure. The works will commence in January 2020 and will be delivered in two stages. Stage 1 is expected to last for up to seven months with a final completion date of July 2020 (subject to weather conditions).
Impact to bus services
Young’s Bus Service expects the above road works to have a minor impact limited to route 20, 24Sch & S1704 services. Passengers can expect minor delays as some bus stops maybe be bypassed due to detours.
How can you help?
Livingstone Shire Council requests the cooperation of residents in the immediate area and motorists. To ensure the impact of the construction is minimal and the safety of everyone isn’t compromised, please observe the following;
- Exercise caution and obey all traffic signs and traffic controller directions.
- Drive slowly to minimise the risk of accidents.
- Do not park your vehicle or have visitors park their vehicle on the road in the immediate area while work is being undertaken.
- Traffic delays and restricted driveway access will occur from time to time and Council will endeavour to keep these delays to a minimum.
- Road side parking restrictions will apply to some areas along the detoured roads.
- Council can provide assistance to move rubbish bins on collection day
- If you require assistance with access to a property, please approach a council officer.