Happy new year to all our passengers and we extend a warm welcome to all students who have returned to school. This post is full of information for passengers that use our general and school services.
Young’s Bus Service is a registered transport provider with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. We service areas in regional Queensland such as Rockhampton, Mount Morgan, Yeppoon and Emu Park. Any passenger that utilises our services must comply in accordance to guidelines, policies and legislation governed by the Department. As a registered bus operator we are also bound by the same.
Smoking, eating, spitting or creating a nuisance on a bus could see you fined for committing a public transport offence. You could also be banned from travelling on school buses! That would make it a lot harder to get home! It is important to follow our conditions of travel. Click here to read more about travelling with us.
How to reduce your cost to travel
To assist our drivers, please have correct money for bus fares or alternatively we recommend you purchase one of our easy travel fare cards and save up to 20% on your travel. The easy-travel Fare Card is a plastic card that incorporates smart card technology allowing credit to be stored on the card for the purchase of bus fare. Click here to find out more.
Your safety when travelling with us
Your safety is paramount when travelling with us. Please read our safe boarding information available on our website. Click here for more information about safety.
Click the below picture to learn more about our #LookUp campaign.
Information for school services and students
We recommend all parents sit down with their children and watch the safe bus travel video.
- If you have a child that caught a Young’s Bus to school in 2018, but is not catching the bus this year, we ask you to please contact our office and notify us of this change. Click here to contact our office.
- If your child is a student that pays a portion of the fare, please ensure their bus card has sufficient funds or they have the necessary cash on hand. No money for travel is fare evasion. Click here to view our Fare and Ticket information.
- Queensland Transport service providers such as Young’s Bus Service sometimes receive complaints by parents claiming we left their child behind at a bus stop. The media hasn’t done our industry any favours by referring to a “No child left behind policy”. The reality is, there is no such policy. Click here to learn more about the No child left behind principle.
- For new students receiving School Bus Travel assistance, please contact our office if you have not received a notification to collect your student bus pass. You can contact the Young’s Bus Service office Monday to Friday on 07 49223813 (option 2 Rockhampton or option 4 Yeppoon). Click here to contact our office.
- If your child has misplaced, lost or damaged their bus pass (easy travel SIT card) , a $22 replacement fee will occur and it can take up to two weeks to replace. Click here to find out more about our easy-travel card.
- Students are expected to travel on the bus in accordance with our student code of conduct. The privilege of having school transport places a responsibility on every student to behave in a manner that ensures the safety and comfort of other students, other passengers and bus drivers. To learn more about the Code of Conduct, click the below image.
Tips for first time (and young) travelers
Young children travelling for the first time can find the experience to be daunting. In some examples young children forget where to get off or even go to sleep. We encourage all parents to get involved to help us when we are transporting your children to and from school. Here are some ideas to help.
Buy a key tag and connect it to your child’s school bag with the following details to it
- Child’s full name
- Emergency contact
- Bus stop to get off
We offer a full charter service
Young’s Bus Service offers an extensive range of buses for charter in and around Rockhampton and the Capricorn Coast Region. Vehicles range from 25 seat mini coach to 46, 53 and 57 seat vehicles and can cater for people with disabilities.
We offer all types of charters from schools to corporate and private functions such as weddings. Click here to find out more about our charters.