Youngs Bus Service wishes to advise our customers that ALL School and Regular Route Bus Services are currently operating as normal.
Click here to read the new arrangements released by Queensland Department of Education
Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff and the continuity of services to provide the public with access to vital goods and services.
Based on current information received from Translink, Youngs Bus Service have implemented the following measures and actions across our operations:-
- In addition to our regular cleaning regime we will increase the cleaning of internal areas on the buses on a daily basis before the commencement of shifts (twice each day) and this will be done with Hospital Grade Disinfectant.
- Regular cleaning of the steering wheel, other driver controls and the driver’s area in general.
- Additional cleaning will also be carried out in the shared areas of the depot and office environment.
- Handling of cash is a necessary requirement of our business and drivers have been informed about being conscious of not transferring any contamination to the eyes or mouth. We have made gloves available to drivers, if preferred, when driving or cleaning.
Youngs Bus Service will continue to monitor information and advice received from Translink and Queensland Health.
How to protect everyone – (yourself and others).
Practicing good hand hygiene by washing your hands frequently is crucial and this will protect you, fellow commuters and our staff.
Advice from Translink and Queensland Health:-
- Clean your hands with soap and water, or hand sanitiser.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- We encourage any individual with flu like symptoms or feels ill to avoid travel.
In addition Youngs Bus Service would also like to encourage our passengers in the interest of ongoing health of our bus drivers to:-
- Observe the recommended ‘social distancing’ protocols and leave a 1.5 metre buffer zone from drivers where possible. A “Reserved” notice has been placed on buses.
- Tender the correct fare when boarding the bus.
Hygiene has always been important.