Getting on and off the bus
- Wait at bus stop where you can signal and be seen by the bus driver.
- Stand back from road. Do not lean or walk into path of oncoming traffic.
- Have your ticket or fare ready also valid concession card if applicable.
- Wait for bus to stop and allow passengers to alight before boarding
- Do not obstruct doors when closing – you may be injured. If you need the doors to open, attract the attention of the bus driver.
- Watch your step and use the handrail when boarding or alighting.
- Night-time travellers may find it appropriate to signal bus driver with a torch if location has no lighting.
Travelling on the bus
- Do not distract the bus driver or interfere with the operation of the bus.
- Stand clear of the areas near the doors.
- If no seats available move to back of the bus.
- While seated keep both feet on the floor in case bus stops suddenly.
- Ensure luggage is stowed correctly and avoid blocking the aisle.
- Give driver plenty of notice when approaching your bus stop, to allow for safe smooth stopping.
- If travelling with a bicycle, the bike is to be stowed in underneath luggage compartment. Note extra charge applies to bicycles.