Disability Action Week is hosting their annual Beach Day Out between 10am and 3pm, at Emu Park’s Bell Park and beach front, Friday September 18.
This inclusive event is easily accessible via the Route 20 Capricorn Coast service travelling from Rockhampton, Yeppoon and Zilzie to Emu Park.
Route 20 leaves the Hill Street bus stop at 9am arriving at Emu Park at 9:28am
Route 20 leaves Bolsover Street bus stop at 9am arriving at Emu Park at 10:18am
Route 20 leaves the Zilzie bus stop at 9:37am arriving at Emu Park at 9:42am
The Young’s Emu Park bus stop is located next to Bell Park and built to Commonwealth disability standards. Accessibility features include concrete access paths which span all around the bus stop and also lead you directly to Bell Park. There are manoeuvring areas for wheelchairs, allocated spaces, ramps and boarding devices. The Emu Park bus stop is well signed with disabled toilets also accessible via wide concrete path in nearby Bell Park.
48% of Young’s fleet have low floor access for wheelchairs, while the other 52% have luggage access (below the seats) for loads of gear. Young’s will transport all goods that Australia Post transport. No dangerous or prohibitive goods (which means petrol or explosives). Beach Day Out is a free, inclusive, family friendly event that provides accessible activities that the whole community can participate in. No one misses out!
Activities include African drumming, face painting, kite making & flying, hand-cycling, sandcastles, jumping castles, art & crafts. As well, a musical gathering brought together Rockhampton Accommodation Support & Respite Services family & friends includes singing, creative sounds, dancing & body percussion.